Time to start planning for some serious 40k action this Autumn !
We had a brainstorming session with Teemu at his Sauna, took a bag of beers there, and didn’t come back until we had the principles written down. This should be a warning example to You all of the hazards of excessive alcohol consumption.
The campaign setting is far from being ready yet, everybody is invited to give Your input for the campaign.
These principles are set so far :
- Campaign will be map -based, with a digital map to be updated.
- There will be 2 – 3 teams/sections/races instead of individual focus
- The moves will be told to the umpire on email. We’ll need everybody’s email for that of course.
- There will be 6 rounds, games about every other week.
- First round with 1000 points of army, then 1500
- Third game will be a Planet Strike
- Final game will be a set of Apocalypses
- There will be most likely some character or unit advancement from game to game.
- Other games than the last one will be played as the players agree them. Mondays and Wednesdays are good days at the Club.
- The campaign will start ~1.10.2012. And of course we’ll play with the 6th rules
- Comps : Allies cannot have a special character HQ.
- Room for 9 / 12 or 15 players.
Cost for the campaign will be 30€ for non -members. Remember, that members get also a nice T -shirt !
Now, there are some open issues, like :
- What are we fighting for ? There will be no campaign, until we have a good reason for the war.
Planetary Empires ruleset : Expansion-PlanetaryEmpires
Team Strange Aliens with following armies possible :
- Dark Eldar
- With the non-chaos Marine chapters
Team Evil and the Followers
- Chaos Space Marines
- Imperial Guard
Setting phase, prior to starting the campaign :
- Teams decide on starting empire command Bastion, and deal out the tiles evenly to possession of each player.
- Team Strange Aliens decides first, then Team Evil.
- Each player has to have at least two tiles in possession, that are in contact to either a neutral or competitors tile.
- Coordinates are sent to the umpire : Player, Race, and possessed tiles ( for example : Kalle Mannonen, IG, tiles B1, C1, D1, E2)
All moves, setup info and questions are sent to Campaign Umpire, email : email@example.com
- Umpire calculates bonuses for each Empire, updates Maps and calls for moves.
Moves and challenges:
- Lowest scoring Team’s members declare their moves, from which tile to which tile. The move can be from own tile to opponent tile ( =challenge ) or to a neutral tile. For first game round the order will be decided by Umpire randomly, consulting D6.
- Second team declares their moves, They cannot challenge a player who has already made a challenge or has been challenged, but can challenge a player who moved to a neutral tile.
- And then the third one.
- If there is an odd situation, where somebody doesn’t have a game, Umpire nominates it.
- If somebody cannot attend the tournament round, he’s team nominates a stand in.
Player can challenge a tile he’s not contacting in the map if his team has a contact to the challenged tile and the challenged tile is within three tiles from the challengers tile. It’s more difficult to conquer the said tile after victory, see the planetary empires rules.
Umpire keeps a final word on battles, to prevent the situation where for example two players would have to play three games agains each other in a row.
The Games, ie a Campaign round
After the moves have been sent to umpire, the campaign round will be shown to all: who plays against whom, and of what tile. The Umpire has the last word of what tiles are fought over. There may be a change of defending player for a game round, if somebody just cannot play for schedule reasons or whatever. In that case, the fight will be about the tile that the challenger has specified.
- Results of the fights, and whether a tile changed it’s owner or not are reported to Umpire, who updates the map, and calls for next game round.
If the Challenger won, he has a possibility to conquer the tile he tried to get. If the defender won, he can conquer the attacker’s are.
Victor of a game throws 2D6 after his victory, with the opponent as a witness, and conquers the tile on a throw of :
- 3+, if the tile is adjacent to his Teams area, OR the defender won the battle.
- 7+, if not
With following modifiers to the throw :
- -2, if only a moral victory ( these are specified for each game round )
- -1, if The tile contains a river
- -2, if the tile contains a mountain
- -3, if the tile contains a Shield Generator, -1 if the tile is adjacent to a Shield Generator.
Map, version 0.3, with some terrain features, and three initial empires defined. still under construction :
Some Adjustements to Planetary Empires rules :
- Each player in a Team controlling the most of the Command Bastion points gets to select Special Rule for their army from a list below. Not for first tournament round
- Each player in a team that has the most Manufactorum points gets a 50 additional points per extra Manufactorum owned. Not for first tournament round
- Each player in a team that has the most Power Station points get a +1 to the roll for choose side, and select starter, and for reserve rolls. Not for first tournament round.
- If a player looses all his/her tiles, the team selects him one tile. If the whole team is out of tiles, the umpire makes some more from thin air.
- A non-named HQ that survived the battle can randomly select a Warlord trait (even he’s not Your Army warlord ) and gets that trait for as long as he lives. Throw the dice after game, and report it to the Umpire.
- There can be up to one Trait of each category for one character, and they can only try to get warlord trait in the beginning of a game from category that they don’t have a permanent Trait.
Special Veteran traits for survived Units.
Following Traits can be selected for units that survived a battle. Select after a game, and report to the Umpire. The unit keeps the Trait as long as it stays alive. One unit can only have one Trait, and units with a given trait must fight unchanged in next battles.
- Adamantium Will
- Counter Attack
- Hammer of Wrath
- Hatred against a specified race
- Monster Hunter
- Night Vision
- Split fire
Victory conditions :
The team that contais the most tiles at the end of the game is the victor ! Tiles that have a Manufactorum, Command Bastion, Power Station or Shield generator are worth two tiles.
Spare player and Umpire :
- Kalle Mannonen
Not known :
Team Strange Aliens :
- Jarmo Siitonen (Eldar)
- Teemu Kujala (Deldar)
- Tuomas Hänninen (Orcs)
- Ville Rantalainen (Eldar)
- Timo Oravala (BA/Wolves)
- Sami Tiainen (Gay Knights)
- Oskari Holm (Marines)
- Sami Avonen Dark Angels
- Vitisman, ie : Vict Burro (?) Space Marines
Team Evil and the Followers
- Sami Kilpinen (CSM)
- Jaakko Björklund (IG)
- Mika Baljaskin (CSM ? )
Gameround 1 :
Game Size : 1000 points, no allies
Deployment :Randomly from rulebook
Scenario : Randomly from rulebook
Game days : mondays and wednesdays on weeks 39 – 40.